The foundation of the Sea Garden is laid with the first general urban plan of Burgas in 1891. 72,000 sq.m of land with desolated vineyards were transformed into a beautiful public garden.
The Sea Garden acquired its modern look during 1910. At this time in Burgas, Mr. George Duhtev, who graduated with honours in Gardening in Austria, started work on the design and landscaping of the park. By 1912 the garden was already fenced. Along the path-ways appeared flower beds and the main areas were planted with cultivated shrubs and park trees. In 1924 the Sea Garden was already fully completed. Afforestation material introduced from Hungary, Istanbul, Italy, France, Syria and Lebanon, contributes to the botanical wealth of the park.